Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

blogging

Writing a random blog posting while watching "Julie & Julia" and listening to Julie talk about blogging is just kinda funny.  Yeah, I'm a dork.  It's also making me hungry.  I'm trying to be healthy, so here's a healthy recipe.  A cookie recipe that is healthy and yummy.  who'd have thought?

Honey Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup honey
1 large egg
1/4 cup smooth unsalted almond butter (you can also substitute regular unsalted butter)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoonn ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins (optional- Jeff hates raisins)

Preheat the oven to 350.  Mist 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.  Beat the butter, canola oil, honey, egg, almond butter and vanilla extract in a large bowl with a mixer until combined.
In another bowl, whisk the dry milk, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir to combine.  Stir in the oats and raisins.
Scoop tablespoonfuls of batter about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.  Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.

These are the easiest cookies on the planet to make, but they taste so yummy, especially if you make them kinda huge like I do (it makes them more cake-like and chewy and moist), but because I make them bigger I end up with less cookies, and that simply won't do.  Therefore, I always make at least a double batch.  I just tell myself that the cookies are healthy and it makes the guilt go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment