Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Best Husband Ever!

Last night we went to a pregnancy class and toured the hospital where Liam will be born.  OMG the hospital is sooo pretty and new and nice and so quiet, because L&D gets it's own building.  Anyway, there was a definite spectrum of husbands/ boyfriends, whatever in the class.  On one side there was the one poor lady by herself without any guy because her husband said it wasn't their first kid, so he didn't need to go.  There was also the dad who didn't pay attention to anything but his cell phone (because he was checking basketball scores the whole time!).  On the far other end of the spectrum was Jeff.  Jeff gave me hand and back massages the whole time.  Yes, that could be because I was kind of green and looked like I might pass put/ throw up, but hey, a massage is a massage.  Plus, Jeff actually took notes from the class, like to make me drink more water, and how to tell when to drive to the hospital from how far apart the contraction are.  It was really cute!

By the way, I really don't know why the seemingly standard way to tell what size your unborn baby is is in produce.  Currently Liam is supposed to be a squash.  Then its a short step to cantaloupe.  Unfortunately cantaloupe leads to watermelon, and the thought of pushing out a watermelon kind of scares the crap out of me!  I'm very glad the delivery rooms all have DVD players, because I'm going to bring the loudest, most distracting movies with me that I can find!

No comments:

Post a Comment