Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

only me...

So I found out firsthand that if you accidentally spill some soup that is currently cooking on the stove onto your wrist, you can get second degree burns.  Yeah, I'm just that awesome.  Who knew?  But it's ok, because my soup rocked.  Eh, might as well share...

Corn Chowder:
chicken broth
lots of corn kernals (I scraped mine from the cob)
yukon gold potato chunks
pepper
red pepper
salt
thyme
diced onion (or powder, which I used, cause I ran out of onions)
milk

Add whatever amounts you want of each ingredient (except leave the milk), stir on medium for 45 minutes or so.  I like my soup smoother, so I used an immersion blender on it near the end.  Take it off the heat and pour in a cup or so of milk and stir it in.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment