Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

"so good my grandma asked if they had marijuana in them" chocolate muffins

I really wish I could say that I was kidding about the title.  But I'm not.  My grandma really doesn say some funky things sometimes, but the muffins really are yummy.  And healthy.  Woohoo!


  • 1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
  • ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons clear fiber supplement , and
  • 2 teaspoons clear fiber supplement
  • 3 egg whites
  • ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
  • ½ cup skim milk
  • 1 ½ tablespoons vinegar
  • ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
  • 3/4 cup water
Mix everything together and put in greased muffin pan.  Makes 2 dozen.
Bake for about 20 minutes at 350.  
When you take them out of the oven cover immediately with tin foil and set sit for 10 minutes before removing them from the muffin pan.  It sounds weird, but it keeps them nice and moist.

I made my batch two days ago and I only have 3 muffins left...

No comments:

Post a Comment